Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Blown tires on horse trailer
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-08-19 3:23 PM
1 replies, 7155 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

Cowpony64
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-08-17 9:13 PM (#2331)
Subject: Blown tires on horse trailer

I'm looking for advice on what to do about tires on my LQ horse trailer. I have a 2006 Logan 4-horse LQ trailer. It has less than 20K miles on it. Last spring I blew all four tires (front and back) over a 3 week period. The tires are High Run 14-ply and call for 105 lbs pressure. I check them before every trip to make sure the pressure is correct. After the 4th tire blew, the axle alignment was checked and it was fine. We replaced the tires with the same brand and ply. Since then I have driven less than 3K miles. I went to a rodeo this weekend and on the way home, blew another tire. How do I get this problem fixed?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2008-08-19 3:23 PM (#2332 - in reply to #2331)
Subject: RE: Blown tires on horse trailer

I guess I would start by weighing your trailer loaded- particularly your trailer axles. You said you have High Run tires- is that a brand or a description? Are they a radial tire? Steel belted? What is the maximum load for this tire? That should be stamped on the side of the tire. I would also want to know the age of the tires. A tire person can look at the serial number of the tire and tell you that. There was a thread a while back on HorseTrailerWorld.com describing the way to look and see when your tires were manufactured. Those are some of the things you'll want to know in order to figure out what to do next. 

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)