Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
GM transfer cases
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-07-04 9:22 AM
2 replies, 6184 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

gdp
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-07-02 2:43 PM (#2302)
Subject: GM transfer cases

On a recent trip the tranfer case went out of my Chevy Duramax 2500HD at 123K. The Dealership said the chain rubs on the casing causing a case failure and total fluid loss. They have seen this several times before. GM has yet to acknowledge a design flaw. Anyone else hear of or experience this? by the way Sax Motors in Bowman N.D. treated me well...even renting me a truck to finish out my pack horse trip to WY mountains with my daughter who would have been very disappointed had things turned out different.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2008-07-03 3:37 PM (#2304 - in reply to #2302)
Subject: RE: GM transfer cases

This link takes you to a page at thedieselpage.com (a websight with GM info) where they describe something similar. It's not the exactly chain wearing through, but this describes a wear-through problem, and a solution.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/tcase.htm 
gdp
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-07-04 9:22 AM (#2305 - in reply to #2304)
Subject: RE: GM transfer cases

Thanks, that is the most informative explanation I've seen yet. Now I have to decided whether or not to pull apart the new transfer case and add the "fix it" part. I've written GM hoping they will tell me the new transfer cases have been cured of this problem. For all those who drive Chevy/GMC 2500 and 3500, keep a close watch for leaks because when all your fluid dumps at 65 mph your are looking at $2000 dollar repair and possibly long down time since GM has the transfer cases on back order right now. Luckily for me the dealership had one in stock.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)