Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
06 dodge with blown fuse
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-30 2:12 AM
2 replies, 6071 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

skeeter7
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2008-02-27 10:43 AM (#2238)
Subject: 06 dodge with blown fuse

Captain Of The Prude Broom

I was hooking up to my new to me trailer for the first time and I believe I blew a fuse. I was using a 6 way to a 7way adapter (6 on trailer 7 on truck) and I used the incorrectly wired adapter first (e brake in center instead of aux in center) and now I have no turn signals. I have running lights, flashers, and brake lights on the truck but no turn signals whether or not I am connected to the trailer. The turn signal indicator lights on the dash aren't even working. When plugged into the trailer the turn signals and interior lights on the trailer are not working. I know I have blown a fuse somewhere I just can't find it. I cannot find a fuse box in the interior of the truck. I can only find the fuse box under the hood. I have checked every fuse in the box under the hood and cannot find one that is blown. What am I missing? Where could this fuse be that is blown?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
classygirl98
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-03-10 10:05 PM (#2247 - in reply to #2238)
Subject: RE: 06 dodge with blown fuse

Did you check your owners manual to see where your fuse box might be located? We have an 05 and it has one inside the truck. I think it is around the emergency brake. We had a similar problem, come to find out hubby had the plug wired wrong. We had signal lights & brake lights but it would blow a fuse when we turned on our headlights.
Jeff in TD
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2008-05-30 2:12 AM (#2284 - in reply to #2238)
Subject: RE: 06 dodge with blown fuse

In 06 Dodges, current to the trailer plug is limited by the TIPM (totally integrated power module). If it detects a fault it sets a diagnostic trouble code, and the module can only be reset 5 times before it becomes unoperative and must be replaced.

There is a reflash available at the dealership which will bump the max amps to trailer lights from 15 amps to 17.5, and it will also prevent the module from setting the trouble code.

Read about it here.

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2006/08-021-06.htm

Anyway, I'd suggest taking it to the dealer to have the power management computer programming reflashed....

Edited by Jeff in TD 2008-05-30 2:15 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)