Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
truck bed liner in trailer?
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-26 10:54 PM
3 replies, 4448 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

cascadia
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2006-02-26 4:37 PM (#923)
Subject: truck bed liner in trailer?

is there any reason I can't put roll-on truck bed liner in the mangers of my 2H straightload?  I was planning to put it in the tack compartment because doing so really saved my last old trailer's tack comparment.  It's rubbery and resists scratching and dinging from equipment being moved around and I thought maybe it would save the mangers from getting scratched and beat up.  It seems like a fine idea but I haven't seen a trailer with this done so maybe there is a reason? 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Broken Bit
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-02-26 4:57 PM (#924 - in reply to #923)
Subject: RE: truck bed liner in trailer?

Sounds like a good idea, I've never used any myself.  I guess I'd just make sure that it's non-toxic of coarse.  I don't know if it'd say on the label or not. Wouldn't want any sick critters.
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-02-26 6:40 PM (#925 - in reply to #923)

I used this along the sides of my trailer and where I had gotten a wear spot in my rhino lining (the Pawing Mare from Hell) and it works great. Got mine at an auto supply store and it said that it was non-hazardous shortly after drying. I had very good luck with it.
cascadia
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2006-02-26 10:54 PM (#926 - in reply to #923)

It worked really well in the tack area of my last trailer.  I had the metal floor replaced and then after it was sealed and primed put in the rubberized bed liner stuff.  The floor was not only tougher as a result, it remained rust free and it kept stuff from sliding around as much.  I am going to put it in the mangers and a few inches up the walls in the mangers.  That seems to be where the biggest cases of rust set in.  I just hope there isn't a very good reason not to do this-- cuz I doubt it can be undone!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)