Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Upset with the F350 6.0 diesel
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-16 4:18 PM
5 replies, 9963 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

obestobbe
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-02-18 2:35 PM (#2230)
Subject: Upset with the F350 6.0 diesel

Just wondering if any of you have had problems with injectors on the 6.0 diesels? They are trying to tell me it jelled up but that is rubbish!! Every weekend for the last 3 weekends my truck has not made the trip. I am verry Disappointed anyone with the same or problem with their ford? They put new injectors in every week and the next week more go out whats up?? That is really bad for the ford trucks. I also made sure it wasn't too cold out and put the X-1 diesel fuel in before I went out on another adventure.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
FateAsNate
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-02-21 10:32 AM (#2231 - in reply to #2230)
Subject: RE: Upset with the F350 6.0 diesel

I had one, and 03 it was Junk, I had NOTHING BUT TROUBLE and it left me and my Daughter stranded more often than I even want to think about. I have many friends with them and they had tons of trouble too.... get rid of it.  You can look at www.dieselstop .com to find out more on these trucks......

obestobbe
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-02-22 1:26 PM (#2232 - in reply to #2230)

Thanks I just traded it in yea!!!! Got a new dodge. was never a dodge fan but I would much rather be drivin down the road than be stranded on the side. Hope and pray this truck will do better. I guess cant be worse than the ford.
mattslilwonder
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2008-03-19 10:22 PM (#2255 - in reply to #2230)

A Cool Sharp One

when my 2001 F250 gas truck was stolen back in December we had heard too many horror stories and my dad is in the dealerships doing hydraulic lift repairs and all of the mechanics have been showing him how many of the 6.0's they have just sitting back there with the heads off the trucks, my boss' 2004F250 with only 50,000 miles just blew the heads - so we bought a 2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD with the Duramax Diesel and Allison Transmission and I just love it
bdub08
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2008-03-25 2:39 PM (#2261 - in reply to #2230)

I can tell you that this has been an ongoing issue for the last couple of years on these engines.....injectors,turbos,manifold gaskets.....I have a buddy who has an 03 F550 and his truck has been in every Ford service center from Ohio to PA to WV to Indiana, to Illinios, to Kentucky, to Tennessee......and had one Ford service tech call it a LEMON!!!...but would Ford buy it back..NOPE.....they kept dragging it out and putting more injectors in it to "band aid " the issue....finally after a year and a half of being left on the road stranded many times and "29" injectors later...they finally replaced the engine with a newer 6.0....it has been pretty good for him since then, but he owed so much on the truck, he could not trade it....Ford has 2 black eyes, an many broken bones over this issue....why do you think they chose to move to the 6.4 in 2008...they had too....."F"OUND "O"N THE "R"OAD "D"EAD !!!

STAY AWAY OF YOU CAN !!!!
mattslilwonder
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2008-05-16 4:18 PM (#2279 - in reply to #2230)

A Cool Sharp One

hubby was at a Ford dealer the other day and the service mgr told him that they are starting to have radiator problems with the 6.4's radiator and they don't seem to have as much pulling power.  Ford bought the right to use the cummins diesel, they should be using it!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)