Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
B&W Hitch Review

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-10-06 3:03 PM
0 replies, 11303 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck News  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2010-10-06 3:03 PM (#5099)
Subject: B&W Hitch Review

B & W Hitch Review

Looking for the Right Hitch

by Dave Mattern
October 6, 2010

I’ve had several gooseneck hitches installed in my trucks over the years including custom built flat plates with a permanent ball attached.  I hated them because the ball was always in the way when I wanted to use my truck for anything else – which was most of the time.

The last hitch I installed could be removed by pulling four pins and using a pry bar to lift the X plate.  An improvement but not quick, and you had to be careful not to misplace the pins.  Unfortunately, you still had two mounting tracks running across your truck bed that would catch on anything you wanted to slide into (or out of) your truck.

Over the years I kept seeing the name B&W Hitch.  So when I got my new Dodge Ram this summer I ordered a B&W hitch.  B&W did me one better and gave me the VIP tour of their facilities.  I was very impressed and to top it all off, everything is made in America.  I can’t name many things that fit into that category anymore.  But with something as critical as pulling the entire weight of my horses and trailer in one small piece of metal, I want to make sure it’s the best.

I have used the hitch to pull my trailer six or seven times now and I have also “flipped” my hitch for a feed run, stall shavings run, and a furniture run to take a couch to Kansas State University for my son.  In a mere 15 seconds I flipped my hitch and had a flat bed.  I love it.  Here are a few more pictures of my tour of the plant and additional comments . . . and did I tell you . .

It’s really nice to flip my hitch.  I love this hitch!

Scott Marsh - Sales & Marketing Manager  (he took me on the tour)

Heavy metal, but not the kind you listen to on the radio.

Box of Balls.

Made in America - no doubt about it.

Robotics rule . . .with continuous welds, none of that spot welding stuff . . . but it still takes humans to oversee.

200 employees . . . everyone is critical for success.

What's beneath my bed?  Watch this.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyig-vbhiFU

I'm a happy customer.  I drove off very satisfied and took a cruise through the legendary small town of Humboldt KS where I learned much more about B&W.  Owned privately by Joe Works, this small company has a big heart.  There's a rich heritage of giving and supporting the community, and recently, when racked by the recession when many companies folded or cut way back, B&W kept employees working . . . on community projects . . . and picked up the tab.

Watch this NBC New Special - Click Here 

Amazing.  Hollywood needs to come to Humboldt and learn how economies and small businesses succeed when the government stays out of the way.  I was captured by the entire look and feel of the community right down to the main bridge going into town and the log cabin Pizza Hut.  Log cabin Pizza Hut?  I knew you wouldn't believe me . . . so I took a picture. 

Next time you buy a hitch for your truck, buy a B&W hitch.  You'll be getting the best hitch money can buy . . . and much much more.  "Keep it in America - built by Americans"

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)